SeaDAS 8.3.9 (Mac OS only)
- Release Date: May 25, 2023
- SeaDAS Toolbox 1.3.0 (modified)
- SeaDAS Platform 8.3.9
- Urgent temporary (Mac OS only) release of SeaDAS to support Mac OS Ventura.
SeaDAS 8.3.9 is an emergency and temporary release only for Mac OS which enables SeaDAS to be run on Mac OS 13 (Ventura). The latest Mac OS Ventura deprecated and stopped supporting some of SeaDAS's underlying Java and Netbeans software causing the SeaDAS GUI menu and popup tool windows to no longer work in SeaDAS 8.3.0 and in earlier versions of SeaDAS 8. SeaDAS 8.3.9 contains upgrades which fix this issue on Mac OS Ventura. SeaDAS 8.3.9 does contain new tools and new features intended for the upcoming SeaDAS 8.4.0 which may not be complete. It also contains help pages which have not been updated since SeaDAS 8.3.0. SeaDAS 8.3.9 does not tie to a specific SNAP release version, but SeaDAS 8.4.0 is planned for release later this summer and will tie to SNAP 10 after it's release.
SeaDAS 8.3.9 contains components which are not available through the SeaDAS internal update system. To upgrade to SeaDAS 8.3.9, download SeaDAS 8.3.9 and install the full package.
Once SeaDAS 8.4.0 is released, please update to that release as SeaDAS 8.3.9 is a temporary release.
These release notes depict the primary changes which have occurred since the previous release (SeaDAS 8.2.0).
- Release Date: Dec 12, 2022
- SeaDAS Toolbox 1.3.0
- SeaDAS Platform 8.3.0
- Modification of ESA SNAP 9.0.3
- View ESA SNAP release notes
- Sentinel-3 Toolbox (S3TBX) 9.0.3
- Modification of ESA S3TBX 9.0.3
- View ESA S3TBX release notes
SeaDAS Toolbox 1.3.0
- Menu reorganization:
- All SeaDAS Toolbox components are now placed in one menu location.
SeaDAS Processors (OCSSW)
- Adds GUI processing support for the following missions (sensors):
- Adds MSI_S2A
- Adds MSI_S2B
- Adds OLCI_S3A
- Adds OLCI_S3B
- Adds OLI L8 (collection 2)
- Adds OLI_l9
- Removes AQUARIUS processing support
- L2gen GUI:
- Bug fix: "Show Defaults" button now works
- Bug fix: Product selector now displays correct product names (Previous version incorrectly displayed some products with a missing underscore in the name)
- Tooltips added to many processor GUIs
- Bug fix: OCSSW GUI processing now writes to log files in the case where the (~/.seadas8) directory hasn't yet been auto-generated.
- Coastline, Land and Water mask tool operator not available at gpt command line
- Bathymetry tool operator not available in gpt
SeaDAS Platform 8.3.0
- Docker image to facilitate Windows processing
- Put Spectrum View and RGB Image tools into the main default toolbars
- Statistics Tool (GUI and GPT):
- Adds all functionality previously available in SeaDAS 7.5.3 (significant modification over SeaDAS 8.2.0 version of this tool)
- Updated GUI help pages
- Reproject Tool (GUI and GPT):
- Adds support for masking
- Adds capability to use and transfer the valid pixel expression of the source file
- Updated GUI help pages
- Time Series Tool
- Adds this tool which was previously in SeaDAS 7.5.3 (no new modifications to this tool)
- Color Manipulation Tool
- RGB Image configuration profiles added for PACE-OCI, HawkEye and VIIRS-NOAAJPSS1 missions Added support for users to create customized color schemes which are auto-applied based on the name of the band/raster (setup involves manual editing of two xml files - see Color Manipulation GUI help page)
- gpt (graph processing tool) command line entries require full file path
Sentinel-3 Toolbox (S3TBX) 9.0.3 - (SeaDAS Modified)
- File/Sensor Support
- Adds PACE-OCI L1C files
- Adds SPEXOne files
- Adds HARP2 L1C files
- Adds NSIDC files
- Adds OCSSW level-3 mapped files (previously these were loaded into SeaDAS as unknown generic files)
- Level-2 file reader adds in a few quality masks for GUI interface (previously available in SeaDAS 7.5.3)
- Updated GUI Help "S3TBX About Page" to indicate that this is a SeaDAS modified version of S3TBX.
Getting Started with SeaDAS
To get started see: SeaDAS 8.x Download, Installation, and Run Instructions
SNAP Users: Installing SeaDAS Toolbox
Please follow these guidelines to access and install the SeaDAS Toolbox
SeaDAS General Overview
The SeaDAS 8 platform (an extension of the ESA SNAP platform) serves as an application platform to the NASA SeaDAS Toolbox and the ESA Sentinel-3 Toolbox. The core elements of NASA SeaDAS science processing (both command line and GUI-based) are contained within the SeaDAS ToolBox. The NASA satellite mission data file readers and the ESA processors for the Sentinel-3 missions are contained within the Sentinel-3 Toolbox.
Note: SeaDAS 8 and onward is a significant modification over SeaDAS 7.5.3 regarding the core components and inner framework of the GUI. To get started see: SeaDAS 8.x Download, Installation, and Run Instructions
SeaDAS Legacy Software Overview
- SeaDAS 7 series contained the NASA OBPG processors and the GUI is a variant of the BEAM software. This series culminated in version 7.5.3 and will no longer be revised. It won't use the latest NASA processors.
- SeaDAS 6 series was based on IDL and is no longer supported.