These release notes depict the primary changes which have occurred since the previous release (SeaDAS 8.1.0).
- Release Date: Mar 23, 2022
- SeaDAS Toolbox 1.2.0
- SeaDAS Platform 8.2.0 - a modification of ESA SNAP 8.0.9 (view ESA SNAP release notes)
- Sentinel-3 Toolbox (S3TBX) 8.0.6 - a modification of ESA S3TBX 8.0.6 (view ESA S3TBX release notes)
SeaDAS Toolbox 1.2.0
- New: SeaDAS Toolbox preferences page added
- Modification: System Information GUI modified and cleaned up
SeaDAS-OCSSW (command line and GUI)
- New: mapgen processer (replaces l1mapgen and l2mapgen)
- Modification: multilevel_processor script major revision
- Bug fix: multilevel_processor can now read a text file list of multiple input files.
- Removal: processors l1mapgen, l2mapgen and smigen removed from multilevel_processor
SeaDAS-OCSSW (command line)
- New/Removal: next_level_name is replaced by get_output_name, which uses the new naming convention
- New: OCSSW tags are monitored for new releases
- New: l2gen GUI shortcuts can be enabled/disabled in preferences
- Bug fix: l2gen GUI now supports near infrared bands of some products (i.e. rhot, rhos, ...)
- Coastline, Land and Water mask tool operator not available at gpt command line
- Bathymetry tool operator not available in gpt
SeaDAS Platform 8.2.0
- New: gpt (graph processing tool) now supported
- Modification: Configuration initialization file "snap.properties" now implemented
- Bug fix: Virtual memory allocation can now be set
- New: Color Bar Layer help page added
- New: added color palettes from SeaDAS 7.5.3
- Modification: Color Bar Layer has preferences modifications and minor functionality fixes
- Modification: Color Manipulation Tool has preferences added to initialization file "snap.properties"
- Modification: Collocation tool modification of variable names
- Virtual memory cannot be pre-configured. To increase memory go to Preferences > Performance and click okay
- gpt (graph processing tool) command line entries require full file path
- Statistics Tool does not contain the functionality of SeaDAS 7.5.3
Sentinel-3 Toolbox (S3TBX) 8.0.6
- New: LANDSAT 9 files can be displayed
- New: LANDSAT collection 2 data now supported
- Bug fix: reads meris L2 files with bad nav lines
- Bug fix: reads PACE data correctly (Not flipping east west)
- Bug fix: reads a special type of Hawkeye L1A file
- Bug fix: reads HICO L1B files
Getting Started with SeaDAS
To get started see: SeaDAS 8.x Download, Installation, and Run Instructions
SNAP Users: Installing SeaDAS Toolbox
Please follow these guidelines to access and install the SeaDAS Toolbox
SeaDAS General Overview
The SeaDAS 8 platform (an extension of the ESA SNAP platform) serves as an application platform to the NASA SeaDAS Toolbox and the ESA Sentinel-3 Toolbox. The core elements of NASA SeaDAS science processing (both command line and GUI-based) are contained within the SeaDAS ToolBox. The NASA satellite mission data file readers and the ESA processors for the Sentinel-3 missions are contained within the Sentinel-3 Toolbox.
Note: SeaDAS 8 and onward is a significant modification over SeaDAS 7.5.3 regarding the core components and inner framework of the GUI. To get started see: SeaDAS 8.x Download, Installation, and Run Instructions
SeaDAS Legacy Software Overview
- SeaDAS 7 series contained the NASA OBPG processors and the GUI is a variant of the BEAM software. This series culminated in version 7.5.3 and will no longer be revised. It won't use the latest NASA processors.
- SeaDAS 6 series was based on IDL and is no longer supported.